We believe that working with an Architect adds huge value and quality to your project.
Typically we offer full services, which cover all of the stages below from brief to concept, through to planning and construction. We can also offer partial services to meet your particular requirements or budget constraints.
1. Initial consultation : the first step is always to meet with you and discuss your ambition for the project.
2. Brief development : we will send you a project proposal, which will summarise your aspirations, our fees, other likely costs and program.
We might suggest that we carry out a feasibility study to highlight possibilities. This study can often give enough information to our clients to allow them to make a more informed decision about how their ideal scope of work balances with their budget.
This stage will also help to define your project brief.
3. Concept design : At this stage we would arrange for a measured survey of your project. This will allow us to prepare up to three concept design options. These will usually include layout options and simple 3D models. We will then meet with you to discuss these design options and refine them into a single solution.
At this point it can often be useful to involve a Quantity Surveyor or local builder to advise on more accurate construction costs.
4. Planning submission : When we have settled on a design, we will prepare developed design information and submit planning applications or permitted development applications where required.
5. Technical drawings: With these permissions in hand we will then prepare more technical design information as required for building control. The structural design will also be developed with a Structural Engineer. This stage focuses on how the building will be constructed; it’s thermal efficiency, safety and structural integrity.
We will also work with you to develop the specification for the interiors. This could include finishes, kitchen and bathroom designs and electrical fittings and layouts.
6. Tender : All of the information compiled at the technical design stage will form the package of information for builders to quote from. We will help you to choose a builder. We can either recommend some, use your own suggestions or a combination of both.
We will then arrange a construction contract between you and the contractor. This is important to ensure your peace of mind during the construction stage.
7. On Site : During construction we will be on hand to monitor the construction works and resolve any issues that may arise. Our aim is to maintain timescales, cost and quality. We can also be your contact with the contractor.